Enjoy our library of articles on cat behavior and cat health.
Arthritis / Bone and Joint Disease
While it is possible for younger cats to develop arthritis/bone and joint disease, the condition affects older cats more often. Cat arthritis/bone and joint disease is a degenerative condition that causes stiffness in the joints and muscles. Older cats are more susceptible to the disease, but the chances of developing the condition increases even more in overweight and inactive cats. Although there are several different types of cat arthritis, the most common type is osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is the result of simple overuse. The good news is, there are a number of ways to avoid the disease altogether or lessen symptoms. The number one prevention method is exercise. This means you should keep your cat as active as possible. Natural cures and over-the-counter medications can be effective preventative options as well. Continue reading to find out more about the different types of cat arthritis/bone and joint disease as well as other treatments and prevention options.
- Cat Pain Relief with Torbutrol (Butorphanol Tartrate)
- Common Cat Hip Problems
- Cosequin: A Joint Supplement for Cats
- Diagnosing Hip Dysplasia in Cats
- Diagnosing Joint Stiffness in Cats
- Diagnosis of Arthritis in Cats
- Feline Arthritis Pain Management with Ketofen for Cats
- Feline Arthritis Treatment through Exercise
- Feline Bone Cancer
- Feline Degenerative Joint Disease