Enjoy our library of articles on cat behavior and cat health.
Hormone and Endocrine
The cat hormone and endocrine system is made up of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands, and part of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, kidneys, liver, ovaries, and testes. These glands, called the endocrine glands, are located throughout the body. They produce hormones and distribute them directly into the various organs and systems throughout the body where they are transmitted into the bloodstream. If your cat's hormone and endocrine system malfunctions, serious conditions such as feline diabetes, Addison's disease (yes, it can occur in cats), pancreatitis, or feline hypothyroidism can occur. Regular visits to your vet, diet, exercise, and a number of natural remedies can help keep your cat's endocrine system functioning properly. Continue reading to learn more about cat hormones and the endocrine system, diseases of and causes, and prevention and treatment.
- Diagnosing Feline Hyperthyroidism
- Diagnosing Hyperthyroidism in Cats
- Feline Cushings Disease
- Feline Hyperthyroid Disease
- Feline Hyperthyroidism Prognosis
- Feline Hyperthyroidism Treatment Explained
- Feline Hypothyroidism Symptoms
- Feline Medicine for Thyroid Problems
- Feline Thyroid Cancer
- FYI - For Your Information