Enjoy our library of articles on cat behavior and cat health.
Liver and Pancreas
The cat liver and pancreas have several different important functions. The liver stores essential Vitamins A, D, E, and K and it produces bile. Bile is crucial to the breakdown of fats. The pancreas plays an important role in controlling blood sugar by secreting two very important hormones -- insulin and glucagons. The pancreas also produces pancreatic juices. These juices contain digestive enzymes that help breakdown food. If a cat's liver and pancreas malfunction, conditions such as liver disease can develop. Continue reading to learn more about the cat liver and pancreas and how to keep your cat's liver and pancreas healthy.
- 3 Symptoms of Diabetes in Cats
- Administering a Cat Insulin Shot
- Caring for Cat Diabetes With Diet and Exercise
- Caring for Cats with Diabetes
- Cat Glucose Monitoring
- Cat Insulin Management
- Cat Liver Disease Diet Recommendations
- Cat Liver Failure
- Cat Liver Fluke Symptoms
- Cat Liver Fluke Treatment
1 / 9Next