Enjoy our library of articles on cat behavior and cat health.
The cat urinary system eliminates liquid wastes. The cat urinary system is made up of the bladder, kidneys, and the urethra. When the cat urinary system malfunctions, a number of conditions can develop. One of the most common conditions is the urinary tract infection or UTI. UTI's are common in older cats, but younger cats can develop them as well. A UTI can also be a sign of a much more serious disease such as leptospirosis, a bacterial illness. The cat urinary system will develop obvious symptoms of even the mildest UTI, so the condition won't go unnoticed. The symptoms of UTI include frequent urination, dehydration, a foul odor from the urine, and in severe cases, blood in the urine. Feeding your cat a healthy diet and plenty of fresh water can help keep the cat urinary system healthy. Supplements are also helpful. For more information about the cat urinary system, diseases of, treatment, and prevention, continue reading to learn more.
- 3 Treatment Options for Feline Kidney Disease
- 4 Causes of Male Cat Spraying
- 5 Cat Urinary Infection Symptoms
- 6 Causes of Frequent Cat Urination
- 7 Reasons Your Cat Might Spray
- Advanced Kidney Disease in Cats
- Advanced Kidney Failure in Cats
- A Guide to Feline Bladder Infection
- A Guide to Feline Urinary Tract Health
- A Guide to FLUTD Symptoms
1 / 18Next