Puppy eats a poisonous plant

When a puppy eats a poisonous plant it should be taken seriously. Puppies are especially curious, and may get into things they shouldn't. In addition to this, a puppy isn't fully developed and that poisonous plant may affect him even more than it would a full grown dog. In general, pet owners should call their veterinarian and/or contact Animal Poison Control  [(888) 426-4435] as soon as possible after they are aware of their puppy ingesting anything potentially harmful or dangerous. Even if your puppy seems fine and isn't showing any signs of major illness you should still contact a veterinarian. Although not all exposure situations require an immediate trip to the clinic, some poisonous materials may take several hours or even days to affect your pet, so the best thing to do is be safe and take action.