Can My Dog Get Alcohol Poisoning from Beer?

Alcohol poisoning can cause severe issues in dogs. If your dog gets beer he should be taken to the vet immediately. Even if beer doesn't have high alcohol content, it can be poisonous to your dog. Alcohol poisoning may lead to coma and even death.

Why Is Alcohol Dangerous for Dogs?

Alcohol may be poisonous for dogs. A dog doesn't have the body weight of a human-so he can't absorb as much alcohol as a human and just a few sips of beer may intoxicate your dog.

Signs of Alcohol Poisoning

Your dog will show signs of poisoning such as vomiting, dizziness and hypothermia, and may even collapse.

Treating Alcohol Poisoning

If you know that your dog had beer, or if you notice any signs of alcohol poisoning, you need to visit the vet immediately. The dog will be given activated charcoal, which can absorb the toxins. Your dog may also need stomach cleansing or induced vomiting.

Keep all the alcoholic beverages away from your pets to prevent any unwanted incidents.